Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A beautiful day here

Greetings all,
The days here are just lovely, warm and sunny.
We did have lots and lots of rain last week. On Sunday night we were on the very last edge of the Brisbane storms. The rain was very heavy and we had 4 inches overnight followed by 2 more iches on Monday morning. In a way it was good to see how our home would fare.. No worries at all apart from the humidity.
I had another good day at Matahra's class last Tuesday. They are making lots of Christmas goodies and are so excited at the thought of Christmas coming. Tonight Siena College have their Christmas concert on and both Sienna and Mattie are walking around singing Christmas songs. I love it.
Last week Andrew was admitted to hospital with a reaaly bad elbow. He is on strong intravenious drip of antibiotics. He will know if he has to have surgery today.
I am busy doing the Winter 2008 blocks using the Maywood studio, Cottage Romance range.
12 quilt shops have produced a block using these fabrics and Marti Mitchell has made a set of templates for use making the blocks. I have even drafted each block as I make it in 6inch. The blocks are 12 inch blocks and have about 50 pieces to each block. I am really loving it heaps.
I am also making place mats and a table runner in Christmas fabrics. They are looking good too.
Tomorrow my very dear friends Wendy and Colin are coming to visit from Bowral in the Highlands of NSW. Wendy was my Mentor at Kirrawee Public school. I learned so much from her as a professional collegue and special friend. I look forward to seeing them.
Jennifer and friends are the only thing I miss about moving north. Jennifer and friends are all so very dear to me.
Jenny is coming here for Christmas on the 18th December and we have so much to show her here. I know she will love being here if only for 10 days. Hope the weather will be sunny and we can spend lots of time at the beach with all our family.
I will close now and wish you all my friends and family a happy week.
BFN Lorraine H

No comments: