Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Last couple of Weeks

Good morning friends,
Today is a pleasant getting warm day. I did not think it would cool down so much in the evenings here. The mornings are cool but warms up quickly.

As usual I have been a busy little thing the past couple of weeks.
Mothers Day pressies were on the list in Sienna's class. It was fun making Jewellery boxes made of paddle pop sticks for their Mums. The children loved doing this activity over a couple of weeks and all went well and I did enjoy the conversations and laughter from the kids. They call me Lorraine as I don't want it to be a formal "School thing" Often as I am picking up the girls at the end of their school day I hear a loud voice calling Hello Lorraine, one the the class kids. It makes my heart sing a little.

A couple of Sundays ago we went to the Ginger Factory at Yandina for lunch and an afternon of Jazz. It was great! Boy were there lots of people there all enjoying the surroundings and more the live Jazz. There was a main lady singing and she introduced 5 ladies who all had their time to sing. They were accompanied by a 3 piece band, Double Base, Guitar and Drums.It was great.

I have this crazy thing to need to knit and crochet at present so I made Jennifer a teapot cosie.
Now I have the wool I purchased from Bendigo Wollen Mills at a really great price I am starting a crocheted Babette Blanket.

Last Monday was the last day for my classes at Patchwork Angel at Forest Glen. It has been a good class and I need to finish 2 blocks out of 35 and I can piece it together. Sienna has made a block so I am going to include it in the quilt. Not bad for a 7 y.o. There are 17 Sashiko blocks and 18 Indigo pieced blocks. Many have had 1 inch squares in them.

Mothers Day here was lovely. We had an early (8.30 am) reservation at Bambu Cafe at Sippy Downs, just up the street from where Christine and Andrew live. It was sunny and warm and good food. The good part of going there is that there is a wonderful garden centre connected and lots of lovely garden bits and pieces there too.
Bob bought me some Pandora pieces and Christine Andy and the kids gave me a Dusk set of scented sticks. Jennifer gave Bob my gift to bring back. He had spent the week in Sydney for work. I received 2 lovely glass candle holders and some warm socks.
We went back to Chris's place for a little time and came home for the afternoon.

I have photos of all so when I download them I will post them.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting a friend (Jasmine from SCQ) mother. What a beautiful Lady she is. Full of knowledge of family and her life of living a farm life in the Mallee in Victoria. Her husband died when she was a mere 38 y.o. I am in such awe of such a wonderful person. Not sure of her age but I guess she would be in her 80's and a very sharp mind. Val plays the piano every single day. AMAZING!!

Will close for now and wish you all a happy (quilty) week.

BFN Love and Hugs
Lorraine H

1 comment:

Banaghaisge said...

She is a bit of a gem is my Mum! Here is where I wrote about her for Mother's Day on my blog:
http://banaghaisge.blogspot.com/2009/05/tribute-to-my-mum.html
When you next go around can you take your Babette and get her started on hers please. After I got her all that wool and the pattern she said she doesn't know how to read crochet patterns, she just knows how to do it!
You scored really really well for Mother's Day, too!!!
XXXX